Gold Bars at Provident Metals
Gold is among the most diverse precious metals available to investors and collectors. Gold bullion is available in coins, rounds, and bars. Gold bars, however, are a top choice due to their weight, purity, and unique design choices. With so many gold bars on the market to choose from, it’s best to know about each option before you complete your purchase. Learn all about gold bars right here, at Provident Metals.
Types of Gold Bars at Provident Metals
There are three main types of gold bars sold at Provident Metals.
- Minted Ingot: While hand-poured gold bars and cast gold bars are made through a similar process, minted ingots differ completely. Bars start as a blank. A blank is a bar of solid gold with no design elements. These blanks are put in a machine that stamps the design on it using thousands of pounds of pressure.
- Hand-Poured: These bars are made by pouring molten gold into a mold. Only one side of the bar is left exposed while the metal is cooled. These bars are given their name as it looks like it was made by hand.
- Cast: Cast bars are also put into a mold, however, no side is left exposed. The mold is heated and then cooled. After cooling one side of the bar received design elements.
Gold Bar Sizes
At Provident Metals we have a wide array of gold bars in all different shapes and sizes. Some of the more popular options are 1 oz and 10 oz bars, but we have bars ranging from 1 Gram to 1 Kilogram. At Provident Metals we have gold bars in the following weights:
- 1 Gram (0.03215 Troy oz)
- 2.5 Grams (0.08038 Troy oz)
- 5 Grams (0.16075 Troy oz)
- 10 Grams (0.32151 Troy oz)
- 20 Grams (0.64302 Troy oz)
- 1 oz
- 50 Grams (1.60754 Troy oz)
- 100 Grams (3.21507 Troy oz)
- 10 oz
- 1 Kilogram (32.1507 Troy oz)
Popular Gold Bar Producers
Provident Metals offers gold bars from many of the most well-known mints in the world today. Every mint uses its own unique designs and packaging. Some of the more popular options are the following:
- PAMP Suisse: Established in 1977, this Switzerland-based refinery and fabrication facility creates some of the most well-known gold bars on the market today. PAMP Suisse has a wide range of gold bars with unique designs such as their Fortuna Series, displaying the goddess of fortune, and their Rosa Series, which showcases a beautiful rose.
- Perth Mint: The Perth Mint is one of the most well-known mints in the world, known for its amazing gold bullion products. The oldest mint in Australia is known for its line of Kangaroo gold bars featuring the animal in a repeating pattern on the reverse. These bars come with a sealed assay card as well.
- RCM: The Royal Canadian Mint is known for its Canadian Maple Leaf Gold Coin program, one of the most well-known coin programs in the world. They’re also a top option for gold bars. The security features that the mint has added to their Maple Leaf Coins, such as a textured maple leaf, have also been added to their gold bars.
- Argor-Heraeus: This once-private company was founded in 1951 in Switzerland. In 1986 they joined the German Heraeus Group to form the Argor-Heraeus refinery. Argor-Heraeus has a great selection of unique bars to choose from. They offer a lunar series, a kinebar series with embossing to deliver an array of unique colors and cast bars among others.
- Valcambi: Another Switzerland-based company, Valcambi has some of the most innovative gold bars on the market today. Their common design bars, featuring the Valcambi logo are popular as they’re available with a high purity in almost any size. They’re also known for their cast bars and their CombiBars which allows you to buy a bigger bar that can be split into smaller sizes.
- Credit Suisse: Credit Suisse is a publicly traded bank located in Switzerland. They offer a wide array of gold bars featuring their logo plus a line of cast bars.
Brief History of Gold Bars
Gold has had a long history going back to Ancient Greece. We also know that the Romans used bullion bars are currency in Mesopotamia as early as the 7th millennium BC. However, it wasn’t until the 1700s that gold bars had a formal, regulated system.
Mitsubishi Materials Corporation recently created the world’s largest gold bar which stands at 250 kilograms. In 2005, it had an estimated worth of just over $3.5 million. As of 2023, due to the increase in gold price, this bar is estimated to be worth north of $15 million.
Buying Gold Bars at Provident Metals
Provident Metals will always have an array of unique gold bars to choose from. For any inquiries you have on these products or others, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 800-313-3315. Additionally, our team can be reached via email or through our online chat feature.