Gold Coins, Bullion Bars, and Rounds at Provident Metals
While archaeologists can’t pinpoint the exact moment gold was discovered, traces have been found in caves dating back to 40,000 BC. Gold has evolved immensely over the years, now serving as a precious metal used as a hedge against the market. Among the most popular variations of gold nowadays are coins, bars, and rounds. Learn all about Gold Coins, Bullion Bars, and Rounds right here at Provident Metals.
Gold coins are coins whose purity and weight are backed by a central government and issued by a sovereign mint. You’ll find no shortage of unique gold bullion coin programs available for purchase at Provident Metals. Among the most popular options are the following:
- American Eagle Gold Coins: The official gold bullion coin of the United States is also the best-selling gold bullion coin in the world. Every year since 1986 the US Mint has released BU Coins in the iconic coin program in a 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz weight. The US Mint also creates proof and burnished coins in this well-known series.
- Canadian Maple Leaf Gold Coins: Created by the Royal Canadian Mint, these coins are the official gold bullion coins of Canada and are among the most popular in the world. The RCM releases these coins in a 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/20 oz, and a 1 gram weight.
- American Buffalo Gold Coins: The Presidential $1 Coin Act of 2005 mandated the production of a 1 oz 24-karat gold bullion coin with a face value of $50 and a mintage of at least 300,000. Thus, the American Buffalo Gold Coin was born. This marked the first time the US Mint had released a .9999 pure gold coin for the public.
- British Britannia Gold Coins: The Royal Mint is among the most well-known mints in the world, and the British Britannia Gold Coin is their most well-known product. The series creates coins in a 5 oz, 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, and 1/20 oz weights. The obverse of these coins displays the ruling British Monarch while the reverse showcases Britannia.
- Mexican Libertad Gold Coins: One of the more unique series of coinage on the market is the Mexican Libertad Gold Coin Series. This series debuted in 1981, originally being released sporadically until eventually becoming an annual release for the Mexican Mint. These coins lack a face value; however, their metal content and purity are backed by Banco de Mexico.
- Chinese Panda Gold Coins: This annual release from the Chinese Mint is intriguing as every year, the image of the panda on the reverse is unique. In 2016, this coin program changed to the metric system, releasing coins in grams rather than Troy oz.
- Australian Kangaroo Gold Coins: This Perth Mint issue started as the Australian Gold Nugget before becoming a kangaroo series in 1989. Like the Chinese Panda, this series changes the image of the kangaroo with every release. Coins are released annually in a 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, and 1 kilo weights.
Gold Bullion Bars
Another great option for investors and collectors alike is gold bullion bars. Gold bars typically lack the design elements popularly seen in gold coins, yet still feature high-purity and security features making them a great investment choice. Among the most popular options are the following:
- PAMP Suisse: Founded in 1977, PAMP Suisse is among the top names in the bullion industry today. The Switzerland-based refinery and fabrication facility creates some of the most sought-after gold bars on the market. Two popular options from PAMP Suisse are their Fortuna bars as well as their Rosa bars, displaying the goddess of fortune and a beautiful rose, respectively.
- Argor-Heraeus: Another Switzerland-based company, this once-private group was founded in 1951. The popular gold bar producer creates highly innovative products such as a unique lunar series and a line of kinebars with embossing to create a holographic effect.
- Valcambi: Valcambi, another Switzerland-based company, creates standard gold bars for purchase. These bars consist of identifying information as well as the company logo. They also create the highly innovative CombiBar which can be broken into smaller pieces.
- Perth Mint: The Perth Mint is among the most well-known mints in the world as they’re known for their unique annual bullion releases. They’re also known for their line of kangaroo gold bars that feature the unique animal in a repeating pattern on the reverse.
A round is a coin that doesn’t have face value. While coins and bars are more popular, rounds are a great option for people looking to invest in gold bullion without breaking the bank. At Provident Metals we have a wide range of gold rounds. Among them are the following:
- The Holy Land Mint Dove of Peace: The Dove of Peace is the first Israeli investment product. These gold rounds showcase the image of a dove, holding an olive branch in its beak, flying over the Old City of Jerusalem on a starry night. These rounds are available in a sealed assay card and come in several sizes.
- Crypto Commemorative: These rounds showcase unique images of popular cryptocurrencies on the obverse. These rounds come in a 5 gram size with a purity of .9999, making them a great investment choice.
- Scotiabank: These rounds, minted in Switzerland, are brought to you by Scotiabank. The third-largest bank in Canada creates several gold rounds in various weights, simply showcasing the Scotiabank logo. These rounds have a purity of 99.99%
Buying Gold Coins, Bullion Bars, and Rounds at Provident Metals
Contact the Provident Metals customer service team with any questions you have. Our team can be reached at our toll-free number of 1-800-313-3315. Additionally, our team is available via email or through our online chat feature.